For those are aren’t aware the OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod. It allows Minecraft to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and many configuration options. Doubling the FPS is common, running along side the Shaders Mod it makes the game looks and feel even more beautiful!
Steps to install and config
- Change your Minecraft profile to v1.8 (under edit profile) – and run Minecraft, its important that you run Minecraft at least once before proceeding with the below
- Download Optifine from here – I am running OptiFine 1.8.0 HD U B6
- Once downloaded save to your desktop and double click on the jar file, it should then ask to to install OptiFine as an additional Profile to Minecraft
- Open Minecraft, you should now see that your profile has been updated to something like: OptiFine, or 1.8-OptiFine
- If you only wanted to install OptiFine then you are done 😉 at this point, load up the game you should see loads of additional options you can not tweak under ‘options, video settings’ if you are also wanting to install the Shader Mod + Shaders please progress to the next steps below
- Download the GLSL Shaders Mod here, save to your desktop
- Double click on the jar file, it should then ask you to install the Shaders Mod, at this point you want to be selecting the OptiFine profile you should see on your drop down list, click install
- Once installed you then need to add some actual Shaders, as the Shaders Mod doesn’t do so, you can download various Shaders from here, although I recommend Sonic Eithers Unbelieveable Shaders (make sure you download the ones for v1.8) – Once you have downloaded the shaders, just copy them into this directory AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\shaderpacks you dont need to extract them, keep them as a zip file
- Thats it!
- Load up Minecraft you will notice that your profile has been now updated to something similar to 1.8-OptiFine-ShadersMod
- Once loaded up and in game, goto your options menu and you will now see a shaders option, you will then see the shaders you downloaded and dropped into your Shaderpacks directory above -Enjoy!
Here of here are some screenshots of the Shaders mod running SEUS Ultra in action:-